Most Popular Questions

We help you see the world differently, discover opportunities you may never have imagined and achieve results that bridge what is with what can be.

Where can I do my IELTS test?

As of now, the Royal Institute of Management (RIM) and Institute of Management Services (IMS) are the only providers of IELTS test in the country. Many Bhutanese find it convenient to do IELTS in India. If you are in the EAST, Guwahati in Assam might be a more convenient option. Likewise, those in the southern region might find Siliguri in West Bengal more convenient.

Will my spouse be allowed to work full time while I am studying?

Only dependents of postgraduate students can work full time. The dependents of students who are enrolled in diploma and undergraduate students can work 40hours a fortnight.

I am about to turn 18. Am I eligible to study in Australia?

If you are not 18, you need to make adequate welfare arrangements to live in Australia with a parent, legal custodian or close relatives until you turn 18. The person providing care must be over 21years of age. Alternately, the education provider can make arrangements for the care which might involve extra cost.

What are the acceptable means of finance?

You may arrange funds from personal savings held in savings and term deposit accounts, your parents and close relations can also sponsor you.

Will I receive refund of visa application fees if my visa is not approved

Generally visa application fees are not refunded regardless of the outcome of visa application. There are very limited conditions for refund of a visa application fee.

What are the options of Post study work visa

You might be eligible to two stream of post study work visa :

  1. Graduate Work stream is applicable to those who studied Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Bachelor.  Under this stream you might be granted visa upto maximum of 18months
  2. Post-study Work stream is applicable to those who studied Bachelor program and higher. Under this stream the duration of visa can range from 2 years to 4 years.

In both cases, the study program should be completed over two academic year and your age should be less than 50.

What evidence do I need to provide for English proficiency?

In Bhutan, we only have test centers for IELTS. However, you can also provide TOEFL, PTE and CAE.

Normally, you need IELTS overall score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 for diploma courses, Overall score of 6.0 to 6.5 with no band less than 5.5 to 6.0 for undergraduate courses and Overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 for Postgraduate courses.

Some select courses require higher score and your Agent will tell you if you need a higher score to enroll in your chosen study program.

Why do we need to use Agent to seek admission in universities and colleges?

Agents are appointed by education providers to represent them. Agents are tasked with the responsibility to promote the courses offered by the education provider, validate if the student is genuine and assist students to submit application to education provider and eventually provide assistance in filing visa application.

Looking for best education consultancy in Bhutan?

We are a leading career consulting based in Bhutan and helps Students to take admission in various colleges in Australia, Canada.